Trash, Recycling and Brush/Bulk Collection Schedule

Trash, Recycling and Brush/Bulk Collection Schedule

The map and calendar in the attachment below illustrate the schedule for the Town of Fairview in 2016. The town did not make any changes to the trash, recycling and brush/bulk collection schedules. Bulk/brush items need to be placed at the curb no later than 7:00 a.m. on your designated Monday but no earlier than 5:00 p.m. the Friday before.


icon 2016 Trash Recycling and Brush/Bulk Calendar with Map


waterdropletWater and Trash

The Utility Billing Department is open Monday – Friday from 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.

  • Pay Your Bill
  • Water & Sewer
  • High Water Usage
  • Trash Service
  • Recycling

Pay Your Bill

Pay Your Bill          Save Water!  Learn more about water conservation



 There are four (4) ways you can pay your water and trash bill.

Pay Your Utility Bill Online: A page will open in a new window for you to login to your account.  If you're new to Online Payments you'll need to setup an account. 

By Bank Draft:  Customers are encouraged to pay by automatic bank draft(ABD). With ABD, the customer's chosen bank account is electronically debited one day before payment is due each month. Customers still receive a bill for information purposes two weeks before the draft date. There is no additional charge to enroll in the Town's ABD program, and you may cancel at any time by notifying the Town in writing.

Postal Mail:
Customers should use the Town remittance stub and envelope when paying by mail. Remittance envelopes are provided with the monthly bill and are pre-printed with the address for the Town of Fairview. If the remittance stub is not used and no reference information is provided on the check, there may be a delay in posting the payment to the proper account.

Drop Off/In Person:
Of course, customers are welcome to stop by Town Hall and pay at the billing office. You may also use our drop box at any time.  It is located on the south side of Town Hall curbside beside the handicap parking spots.


Water & Sewer

Water and Sewer Service: NEW RATES EFFECTIVE NOVEMBER 1, 2014

Residential sewer averaging is based on the average number of gallons of water used per month during the three months from the previous December 15 to March 15, or other appropriate billing period that most closesly coincides with the previous three winter months. Customers who do not have a three-month winter average upon which to base an estimated sanitary usage shall be assessed on the actual number of gallons of water metered monthly.

Water & Sewer Deposit Fees:


Water only (house with septic system)


Water and Sewer service


Service processing fee



NOTE: Deposits will be returned after 1 year if the customer has an on-time payment record


Residential Sewer Rates:


First 1,000 gallons


1,001-12,000 gallons

$2.81 per 1,000 gallons



NOTE: Service addresses without town water services = $48.43


Residential Water Usage Rates:

First 2,000 gallons


2,001 – 10,000 gallons

$3.53 per 1,000 gallons

10,001 – 20,000 gallons

$4.13 per 1,000 gallons

20,001 – 30,000 gallons

$4.49 per 1,000 gallons

30,001 – 40,000 gallons

$5.61 per 1,000 gallons

40,001 gallons and up

$8.85 per 1,000 gallons

NOTE: Water connections that use more than 40,000 gallons of water in
any one month shall be assesed a surcharge of $3.24 for every 1,000
gallons over 40,000.  The $8.85 includes this surcharge above.

Stormwater Fee:


Flat Rate Fee

$5.75 per month

icon Bank Draft Authorization Form

icon Disconnection Request Form

icon Water and Sewer Application

High Water Usage

Unusually High Usage and Think You May Have a Leak

If you are concerned that you were billed for unusually high usage, you may have a leak on your property. Small leaks such as toilet flapper valves, and leaking fittings, can over time, result in unusually high consumption. If you have an irrigation system, damaged heads, and leaks can greatly contribute to a higher water bill.

To determine whether or not you do have a leak, locate your water meter (usually located near the street and near the property line). Turn off all the water in your house. Return to your water meter and observe the red dial in the center of the meter for several minutes. This is a pointer arm that rotates inside the meter. If all of the water on your property is turned off, this red pointer arm should remain stationary. If the arm rotates in a clockwise direction with all the water points shut off (dishwashers, washing machines, faucets, etc) , then you have a leak on your property and a plumber or leak detection company should be contacted.

If you do detect a leak and have it repaired by a licensed plumber, you may bring this receipt to Town Hall and apply for a leak adjustment. Each address may apply for a leak adjustment once per year.

How to read your meter

meter Almost all of our meters in Town are manufactured by “Master Meter”. They are radio read meters. The meter sends a radio signal to a laptop computer in our trucks. This allows us to get your meter reading without ever actually opening your meter box. This also eliminates most meter reading mistakes. We encourage you to read your meter whenever you choose to. This will allow you to see how much water you use on a daily basis.

To read your meter simply open the can and write down all the numbers in the white boxes. Most meters have 4 white boxes with black numbers, followed by two black boxes with white numbers, followed by a white zero surrounded in blue. These are displayed on the picture shown. Reading from Right to Left – the first black box with a white number represents 10s of gallons. A 7 in that box would represent 70 gallons.The second black box (reading from right to left) represents 100’s of gallons. A 3 in the second box would represent 300 gallons. The first White box with black numbers would represent 1000’s of gallons. To determine your usage take a reading today. Write down all the numbers displayed. Read the meter again at about the same time the next day. Subtract the second days reading from the first. This will tell you how many gallons you used. Remember to add a Zero at the end of your calculation since we do not measure units lower than 10 gallons. When you are billed we round our billing to the nearest 1,000 gallons.

Trash Service

Trash Service

Revised Bulk, Trash and Recycle Schedules

icon 2016 Trash Recycling and Brush/Bulk Calendar with Map

Bulk/Brush Collection 

Bulk/brush items must be placed outside by 7 a.m. on your designated Monday and no earlier than 5 p.m. the Friday before. Republic Services will pick up bulk items betweeen Monday and Friday of your designated week. To confirm your designated Monday, please view the appropriate Bulk, Trash and Recycle Schedule located at the top of this page.

Trash Pick-up Fees

Residential trash collection service is provided by Republic Services. throughout the town. The cost for once per week trash collection, using a 95-gallon rolling container, is $10.66 plus $1.75 administrative fee monthly, plus sales tax. Additional carts may be used for an additional $6.28 per month per cart. Handicapped residents may request front-door pickup. Trash collection is billed on residents' water bills. Recycle bins will be picked up on the same day at a rate of $3.95 monthly.


Trash/Recycling Collection and Cart Usage

Trash and recycling collection is once per week, on Tuesday in Heritage Ranch and on Wednesday in the rest of the town. 

Garbage and recycling collection is in 95-gallon rolling containers provided by the hauler.

There is no cost for the carts unless they are ruined by customer neglect or are taken when a customer moves out of Fairview.

Extra garbage carts are available for an additional $6.28(plus sales tax) per month each, or an extra $9.41 (plus tax) for carry-out service from the house. A second recycling cart can be requested for free.

Collection is at the street, and nothing outside the carts will be picked up except during the once per month brush and bulk waste collection. 

Handicapped Persons Requests

Certified handicapped persons can request front door pick-up for no additional charge. Able-bodied residents who do not want to roll the cart(s) to the curb can pay an extra $20.55 (plus sales tax) per month to have it collected at their houses. Billing is through the town’s monthly utility bill. Residents can request additional bulk and brush pickup more often than once per month, but will be assessed an additional charge. Residents may use other haulers if they choose, but they will still be assessed the monthly charge. All residential properties are covered by the franchise, regardless of whether or not water service is provided by the town, and will be billed accordingly. Failure to pay any portion of the town’s utility bill may result in late fees and/or termination of service.      

Questions, Complaints and Concerns

Additional questions, service requests and concerns, should be directed to the Utility Billing Department at 972-886-4242 or 972-562-0522.


By law, neither Fairview nor Allied Waste collect household hazardous waste. However, for a fee, residents may take hazardous waste to the Home Chemical Collection Center located in Dallas at 11234 Plano Road, about one mile north of IH 635. The facility is the first building past the railroad tracks on the east side of the street (see Mapsco 28-A). The building is white with bright turquoise trim.
The Home Chemical Collection Center accepts only household waste such as paint, pesticides, yard chemicals, pool chemicals, motor oil and other automotive fluids, cleaners, glues and other hobby products, fluorescent light tubes and batteries. Items not accepted include business waste, common trash and recyclables, radioactive materials, explosives, ammunition, or bio-medical waste. For information on how to dispose of unacceptable materials, call (214) 553-1765. The collection center’s website is .

 Quick Notes

BlueBin Service Provider: Republic Services


Trash/Recycle Pickup:

Once Per Week

  • Heritage Ranch on Tuesday
  • Rest of Town on Wednesday

Bulk/Brush Pickup:

Once Per Month

  • Must be placed outside by 7 a.m. on your designated Monday

BlueBin Questions: Call the Utility Billing Dept at 972-886-4242

BlueBin Hazardous Waste:





Recycling Service

Be a Friend to the Earth - Recycle! Recycle

There is no need to presort recyclables. Do not place items in plastic bags unless it is shredded paper, which should only be placed in a CLEAR plastic bag. Please always close the cart lid.

Materials collected in a municipal recycling program include:

 Plastic Plastic

Number 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 & 7 plastics can be recycled in your recycle bin. Milk jugs, liter bottles, shampoo bottles, etc.
No butter tubs or containers with openings as large as the container.
No plastic bottles that have contained oil or petroleum by-products.
Please remove all caps.

Glass  Glass

All colors of glass bottles can be recycled. Bottles only. No plate glass, ceramic or mirrors. Please rinse containers and discard lids.

Metal  Metal

All metal food and beverage cans can be recycled. It’s not necessary to remove the label, but please remove the lids, all food waste and rinse.
No aluminum foil.

Newspaper, Catalogs, and Magazines Paper

Newspapers, catalogs and magazines can all be recycled in your recycle bin.  Do not bundle newspaper or place in bags

Junk Mail, Cardboard, and Mixed Household Paper  JunkMail

Place all junk mail, envelopes, cereal boxes, cardboard, chipboard and any other household paper product inside your bin.
No tissues, wet paper or paper contaminated with food products are accepted.
All cardboard must be broken down to a size that will fit inside your recycle bin. Larger boxes can be placed under your recycle bin. Only flattened boxes will be accepted

After Hours Water Emergency:
Utility Billing Department